Who Can Pump My Septic Tank?
Septic tanks are becoming increasingly available in households across America. According to the EPA, 1 out of 5 homes currently uses the septic tank system. However, despite its growing popularity, users are faced with how to maintain the system. For example, can you pump your system? Should you hire an expert? Considering how complicated these systems are, it is no wonder most people leave these issues in the hands of experts, and rightly so. So, who can pump your septic tank?
This article seeks to address these septic tank systems questions and more.
How trained and professional septic service companies can pump your tank
If you have no idea about or experience pumping a septic tank, your best option is to take advantage of expert septic services. It may be easy to unclog a toilet, but dealing with a leaky septic tank, for example, presents a different challenge level. Therefore, to avoid incurring additional costs or creating more issues, leave the job to the experts.
Using a professional septic service company to pump your tank comes with numerous benefits. These include:
- The right equipment for the job: You can pump your septic tank properly only with the proper equipment, and that’s what you’ll get by choosing professional services. From high water pressure jets to gully suckers and other high-tech equipment, a professional will employ the right tools to complete the work efficiently and quickly. In addition, they’ll deliver the waste to the appropriate treatment facility.
- Safety assurance: The last thing you want is to create a lot of mess attempting to handle your septic tank pumping task, as doing so can put you at risk of infections. Also, trying to clean out a septic tank on your own (with the needed protection) can expose you to dangerous gasses and bacteria – not forgetting the possibility of contaminating other areas. Your safest option is to step out of the way for professionals to handle safely.
- Avoid damages: opting for professional hands to maintain your septic tank is the best way to ensure that your unit continues to function for a long time. A professional will not only pump your septic tank but will also get rid of any excess residue and water. That means you don’t have to deal with clogs from matter buildup that can cause damage to your pipes. And this leads to the next point.
- No sewage backup issues: When you wait too long for your septic tank to become too full, you might end up causing hazardous sewage backups. And when raw sewage begins to leak, it carries loads of viruses, bacteria, and parasites that can cause health issues like leptospirosis. However, when you plan routine septic pumping from a professional company, they will clean eerie waste products from your pipes, keep your home, kids, and pets safe, and ensure that your drains flow freely.
- Offer future advice: Hiring a good professional service provider also means benefiting from important maintenance advice to keep your tank in perfect working condition in the future. And that also means you will end up saving time and money. That is especially important if you have no experience or know-how about preventing future issues or conducting essential maintenance on your own. That said, how often should septic tank be pumped? An expert will provide all necessary information concerning your septic tank.
- Maintain a healthy home: As mentioned earlier, septic waste is hazardous, and exposure to it can put your health and that of your family at risk. With the help of expert regular maintenance and piping service, you can ensure and maintain a healthy home.
How often should septic tanks be pumped?
If you own a septic pump system, you need to place a lot of priority on proper maintenance to ensure its longevity. The best maintenance practice involves getting regular inspections conducted on your septic tank system and getting it pumped as regularly as necessary. Every average household septic system requires assessment at least once every three years by a qualified professional. Additionally, you should also ensure that your septic tank is pumped once every three to five years.
Getting the needed expert assistance
Your septic tank system is only as good as the professional maintenance service it gets. Strombeck Bros is one of the most qualified septic service companies to give you the expert, high-quality, and reliable septic tank pumping services your system deserves.
We offer 24 hours septic maintenance and management services. We are more than qualified to help with all septic repair or replacement needs and drain field services.